Thursday, February 25, 2010

GARLIC AND DILL DIP

I found a veggie/chip dip on vegweb.com which I altered to my taste...I love it! I like to make dips from scratch...that way it's fresh and you know what's in it.

As a child I remember my mom adding dry onion soup mix to sour cream. As an adult I added the mix to tofu sour cream (homemade or store bought - for instance, Tofutti brand's Sour Supreme). But it's not just onion powder it's bad things like salt and MSG. When you make your own dips you avoid those nasty ingredients.

GARLIC AND DILL DIP

Put all this stuff in your food processor until it's creamy:

1 pkg firm silken tofu (Mori-Nu brand or other)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp canola oil
1 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
ground pepper
2 tsp dried basil
3 tsp dried dillweed
3 tsp chopped garlic in oil
2 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp minced onion

No comments:

Post a Comment