Sunday, October 16, 2011

Veg Out, London

Last week, after visiting Cedar Row Farm Sanctuary, we headed to London, Ontario to Veg Out, a vegan restaurant.

It was good but not fantastic...I suppose that once you've been to Fressen in Toronto nothing can compare!

I don't know that I'd go back...the kids thought that their Potato Apple Gratin was not completely cooked...my husband said this lentil loaf was good but it didn't look great to me. 

However, I was quite pleased with my sammich. I had their Bacon Mushroom Melt.  I tried to emulate this sammich yesterday for lunch and it turned out pretty good:

Ingredients

fried sliced mushrooms
carmelized onions
spicy mayo (I added hotsauce to Vegenaise)
lettuce
Tofurky's tempeh maple bacon, fried
tomato slices
Daiya cheddar
toasted bread




No comments:

Post a Comment