Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cedar Row Farm Sanctuary

Last weekend we went to Cedar Row Farm Sanctuary in Lakeside, Ontario (just outside of St. Mary's).  They do not have regular visitor's hours but they do host an open house.


The Sanctuary is a small farm which is about the size of a hobby farm.  The weather was beautiful and the animals were out to great us in the sunshine!

We visited with calves, chickens, goats, pigs, pot-bellied pigs and donkeys.  The animals come from rescues. The young pig quite enjoyed a belly rub that my husband willingly provided! - pigs are just like dogs!

This type of an afternoon out might not be everybody's idea of an October day trip but it was awesome for me!  I love talking to the animals.  Someone gave me a carrot to feed to one of the very large pigs!  Call me crazy, but I like this kind of stuff!  I really have a  soft spot for pigs...but who wouldn't - they are adorable!

Cedar Row has had a table at the Toronto Vegetarian Food Fair...that's how we found out about them....check them out on the web...or in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment