Monday, September 27, 2010

WOW (Wild Organic Way)

Last night the hubby and I made the trek to WOW in Guelph for the first time to dine on raw food.

I don't know where to start to tell you how good it was!  I have been interested in the raw food diet and am just starting to dabble in it.  Foods are considered raw so long as they are not heated above 115 degrees.  Anything over that temperature begins to deplete the food's nutrients. 

Raw food is all about eating foods in their natural state.  Sometimes the food is ground up, soaked, dehydrated at a low temperature....

Last night we had fruit smoothies to drink.  I chose the Quesdilla Plate and my better half chose the Tasty Tacos.  We decided to share the Mediterranean pizza.  All three of these menu items were outstanding!  Try to imagine these foods made without heat...without animal products!  Honestly, you've got to go and see for yourself.  Delicious!

Of course, skeptical, you go in there thinking you'll be hungry seconds after you leave the table.  I was definately full after dinner (even though I don't like to stuff myself) but I just had to have dessert.  We decided to get two desserts to try.  Chocolate Dream Cake and Berry Cheese Cake.  Again, both were made with raw, uncooked ingredients and no animal products. No milk. No cheese. No eggs.  Fantastic!

http://www.wowrawcafe.ca/

22 Carden Street, Guelph, Ontario   519-766-1701 
(across from City Hall)
WOW - this pic is from their website...I think they've got new signage now
WOW is a quaint little place...it has been closed for a few months as it goes under a facelift.  It recently reopened with a select menu.  In November 2010 they plan to have a grand reopening with a much larger menu and perhaps a grocery area.  The owners are also compiling what I guess you'd call an uncook book.

No comments:

Post a Comment