Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BBQ Chickpeas

Nope...you don't need to fill up the propane tank...there isn't a BBQ involved with this one...not even BBQ sauce!
I got this recipe from PETA, I think. I know it off by heart, easy peasy, so I'm not sure what recipe book it's in...off the top of my head.
ingredients
2 cups pasta sauce
1/8 cup molasses, to taste, perhaps a tad more
1 small onion finely chopped
1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
method
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together.
3. Lightly spray oil the sides and bottom of a casserole dish.
4. Put the mixture in the casserole dish and cover.
5. Bake for an hour.
This is great as a side dish served with a baked potato or on a bed of rice. I make this one quite a bit. Very easy. Tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment