Saturday, March 19, 2011

Think You Can't Live Without Cheese?

Many people tell me that they would love to be vegan but they just can't give up cheese.

As vegetarianism and veganism grow in popularity there will be less and less cravings and wants for animal products as people become used to not eating them.  I grew up eating animal products and the vegetarian and vegan marketplace is chock full of food items that mimic those animal products that I ate.

I am trying to make a move away from these animal product analogs, however, in the meantime as I make a transition and hopefully you do too, a Canadian fellow (Andre Kroecher) invented, what I find to be, the best vegan cheese substitute to date. Andre wanted to invent a cheese substitute for pizza.  He did it. Give it a whirl...

Initially my husband and I travelled to Toronto to obtain this dairy (animal) free cheese.  I have recently purchased it in Hamilton at Goodness Me....hopefully we will see Daiya in Brantford soon.

We like to use it for pizza, baked pasta, nachos, tacos...  Tonight we had it on our baked potatoes with Tofutti's Sour Supreme and Yves Veggie Cuisine's veggie bacon strips (which I made into bacon bits).

No comments:

Post a Comment