Friday, March 18, 2011

Sunny Cauliflower Broccoli Toss - Veganized

Sunny Cauliflower Broccoli Toss - Veganized
This is a recipe I veganized...the original is from a Pillsbury cookbook. I really like to eat this on it's own for lunch or with other stuff as a part of dinner.  The original recipe calls for way too much dressing in my opinion so I have reduced it by half.

Dressing:

Whisk together:

1/4 cup vegan mayo
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cider vinegar

Salad:

3-4 slices vegan bacon cut into small pieces and fried 'til crispy
1 head cauliflower cut into florets
1 head broccoli cut into florets
1/2 cup (or more) jumbo Thompson raisins
1/4 cup (or more) raw, hulled sunflower seeds

Mix all this stuff together and enjoy.  Keep it refrigerated.  It doesn't last long at our house...it's a favourite.

And, of course, I use organic ingredients when available.

If you find that there is not enough dressing you can always make a bit more.  I suppose it all depends on the size of the cauliflower and broccoli you're starting with!

For vegan mayo I like:
Vegenaise by Earth Island

For vegan bacon I like:
Veggie Bacon Strips by Yves Veggie Cuisine

No comments:

Post a Comment